I was recently at a poolside bar/restaurant that served this fantastic sangria with thyme. I immediately started searching for a comparable receipe – with little success. But while searching, I found this White Sangria recipe that is just as good if not better – although it does sneak up on you. Check out Tipsy Hostess‘ blog for more great cocktail ideas. I know we will!
- 1 (750ml) bottle dry white wine, like chardonnay
- 1 (6oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate (see NOTE below)
- 1/2 c light rum
- 1/2 c triple sec
- 1 (15.25 oz) can pineapple tidbits packed in juice
- 1 large apple, cut into chunks
- Sliced strawberries, cherries, orange & lime slices or anything you’d like to use as garnish
- 2 c lemon lime soda, club soda or sparkling soda
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher except for soda, and refrigerate for a least a couple of hours or overnight. When your first guest starts to arrive, then add the soda.
Like I said, this is a great recipe and can really sneak up on you. I couldn’t wait a couple of hours, so after about an hour we poured. So yummy!
NOTE – I made this again last weekend but forgot to add the frozen lemonade. I actually think the entire mixture was much improved by that one omission.